VCi-3™ cable identification & phasing
used during installation or maintenance works on de-energized three phase systems. The VCi-3™ system is designed for cable and phase identification, mainly for installation or maintenance purposes on three-phase electrical networks during power shutdowns.
The transmitter module injects a low current on the cable conductors by direct contact or magnetic clamps methods. A voice message is recorded by the user and will be transmitted along with digital signals. Groundings stay connected at both ends of the three-phase circuit during the test.
The detector module is used at the other end of the cable system. An array of sensors is available for cable and phase identification on different types of cables such as paper lead insulated cable (PILC), trench cables, cut cables, cable splices, and more. The detector module’s gain will be adjusted for optimal detection. The bar graph will display the strength of the detected signal. Indicators will display the detected phase, either A, B or C. The recorded voice message will be played from the detector’s speaker avoiding false detection.
- Unique balanced injection system that eliminates signal bleeding on other wires
- Three different frequencies to identify each phase
- Easy to install and operate
- Extended range: up to 10 km (6 miles) of working distance
- Tone transmission for more than 8 hours
- Lightweight and compact
- Optional magnetic sensing transducer
- Phase detection by transmitter tone presence or absence
- Digital filtering of network harmonics
- Unique dual grounded method
Transmitter Clamps Large Version
Contact us by email
Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00
Eastern Time Canada
1405-111 ave. St-Jean-Baptiste
Quebec city, Qc
G2E 5K2, Canada